Ever Wondered About Bamboo Massage?
With so many different massages out there it’s easy to become completely bamboozled!
Which massage should I choose? Which massage will give the best results? What is Bamboo Massage all about?! Should you incorporate bamboo into your massage?
Where did Bamboo Massage Originate?
The history of bamboo massage is a little vague however we do know that in 2004 an American therapist, Nathalie Cecilia patented bamboo fusion massage – a delightful, blissful combination of stones and canes.
There is also another popular tale of a therapist observing two monkeys happily massaging each other using bamboo sticks and developing her own, unique style!
So, whilst the history may be a little vague, bamboo massages have been around for a number of years now!
Why is Bamboo Used?
Bamboo is widely regarded as a miracle plant! Purposed extensively in a variety of uses including building, manufacturing, decorations, and as a food source, bamboo is also believed to have additional benefits such as life energy, prosperity, longevity, sexuality, and fertility.
In China, stalks of bamboo still symbolise eternal youth, strength, prosperity, and peace.
What does Bamboo Massage involve?
This powerful massage uses a selection of ‘sticks’ of different lengths and diameters; the longer, thicker canes are used primarily on the larger muscles whilst the shorter, thinner canes work on built-up tension, knots and trigger points. The bamboo accentuates the massage effects and almost instantly relieves muscle tensions.
The canes can be used at room temperature or gently heated; the heat can assist in relaxing the muscles further and more quickly which aids working more deeply.
The pressure can be either firm or soft dependent upon the client’s wishes and the issues being addressed in the treatment session; however, most commonly people associate bamboo with deep tissue work.
Bamboo can also be combined with other techniques such as lymphatic drainage massage and the smaller canes can be used to stimulate specific points on the feet during reflexology.
As previously mentioned Nathalie Cecilia, the creator of Bamboo-Fusion massage uses hot stones to warm and relax the body before the warmed bamboo canes are employed to go further into the muscles to release, stretch and relax – the ultimate experience and now available with Lorraine!
What are the Benefits of a Bamboo Massage?
Like any massage and complementary therapy, bamboo massage aims to work holistically as well as addressing any particular issues you may have.
- Profound Relaxation – The warmed bamboo instantly relaxes the muscles and the bamboo itself gently relaxes and stretches the muscles
- Increased circulation – the warmth and the stimulating effect of the bamboo can increase circulation bringing fresh blood and nutrients to the area and assisting in the elimination of waste and toxins.
- Reduces muscle tension and soreness – working stressed, tight and overworked muscles with bamboo can assist in easing painful muscle contractions and spasms.
- Great for sporty people – especially runners, cyclists or anyone experiencing tightness in their lower limbs and IT band.
- Great for deep tissue work – the bamboo is able to work deeper into the muscle stretching and ironing out larger muscles whilst the ends of the canes are fantastic for pressure point work.
- Great for improving posture – Stiff, painful or injured muscles can result in decreased flexibility and range of movement. With bamboo canes, muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be loosened and relaxed, and pressure points can be released resulting in greater range of movement and flexibility.
- Good at improving sleep quality – by relaxing the muscles and the mind, sleep should be enhanced.
- Works holistically – encouraging the body’s natural healing abilities.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller
Longer lasting after effects – promoting a deep sense of well-being and relaxation, many clients report that the positive effects of bamboo last even longer than deep tissue massage alone!
Bamboo massage is widely believed to be a powerful and safe therapy, assisting in reducing stress and promoting a sense of well-being.
Which Conditions could Bamboo Massage help with?
- Reactivates and stimulates blood circulation
- Relieves migraines
- Can improve sleep quality and help insomnia
- Helps manage respiratory ailments
- Helps alleviate arthritic pain, particularly in the neck and shoulders
- Improves nervous system functions and sensory nerve perception
- Increases joint and muscle flexibility
- Stimulates cellular activity to repair and intensely nourish the skin
- Breaks down and softens adhesions
- Assists to remove lactic acid to reduce pain
Sounds Amazing! How can I book a bamboo massage?
You can book by visiting the Massage and Holistic page of the website or clicking here
You can choose a shorter session for your back or legs, or why not indulge in the ultimate Bamboo Fusion – Sticks and Stones – 75minutes of stones and bamboo combined!